Just got to vent!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 25, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We do some sub contracting for a bigger landscape company (just lawns) well this year after the owner stated to me that he was going to use us again now after 3 days of bidding lawns for him (last fall) he desides to keep them all "in house" this year, "but in event that he becomes too busy he will call us". Yeah right! Goes to show ya the only person you can count on and trust is YOURSELF! Only it sucks now because in his contract it stated that we could not do any other mowing. He kept us busy 6 days a week for over 35 weeks. Now no one is accepting bids for lawn care this season. All I can say is wait till next year you A$$hole! He kinda screwed himself as well though, at least I know what he gets for his lawns and next year I'm sure as hell gonna lowball him and yes I said low ball. :realmad: :realmad: :angry:

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

So you signed a contract stating you couldnt mow anything else but you didnt make him sign something stating he's forced to give you work?

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

That's bad man. So what do you have lined up will you be able to stay in business?

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks and by the sounds of it he had every intention of screwing you over, and I doubt there anything legal you can do about it. You should just become one of his employees and do a real shotty job, maybe even a litlle diesel in the mowers and then just wait to get fired.

5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

so, how much do you want for that proslide and maybe a trimmer?

6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I didnt think the proslide worked well in our area. Have you used one yet?

7. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't tried one yet. I didn't think it would work, but who knows.

8. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

no bagger did he make you sign a no compete clause? if he did ,just put the business in your wife name or some one you can trust ,now become an employee for that company . he wont be able to touch you .just make sure all paper work is in order cross the tees dot the eyes

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Umm perhaps commercials are no longer taking bids but most residentials are still fair game its still march. If you do not want to starve this season calm down and start thinking what you can do to get some accounts in a hurry. If you wait another month and half you’re screwed I see your PA so you have some snow on the ground like me so no one has really started yet. It’s too early to be singing all is lost IMO.

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Well...is this the case?