Just got worked over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, Dec 1, 2004.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

By a customer. I called him today because he wanted his leaves cleaned and I invoiced him a little while back. Called and left a message saying that I needed my money because Tuition is due friday. He left a message saying he was dissatisfied because i left the leaves in front of his house at the curb for the township to remove them.

God. This business is the best but people are rediculous. it was only 120 for the job. sorry venting a bit. :angry:

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you leave them at the curb? To me this is unprofessional. I would be disatisfied as well as they are only going to blow back onto the lawn or onto a neighbors.

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Why did you leave them for the township?

4. K c m

because the township was coming around the following day. I guess you guys are right. That wasnt too professional. All of the other properties in that neighborhood told me instead of hauling them away to just leave it at the curb. so i made sure that i had them all done before the township came by
    I will remedy this problem and nock some money off th eprice.

5. K c m

what happens in the city of phila is that they have leaf removal. They come around maybe 3 times (early,middle,late fall) with trashtrucks connected to vaccums and dispose of it.

6. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Why did the customer think that you were to remove the leaves?

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

the question is... did you have this particular customer's permission to leave them at the curb? If not, I think he has a right to be upset. These are things that need to be discussed before the clean up. However, I'm not sure that he doesn't owe you something for the work you did.

8. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Around here it's standard procedure: leaves to curbside for town removal, If an LCO hauls them away it's an extra fee and a seperate job. Taxes in this area are about $10G to $25g a year; I would expect the town to remove leaves for those prices!

9. K c m

Im not sure, but thats the way things are handled in that particular neighborhood. I apologized for the misscommunication and said i would take some off the price and he agreed to it so thats cool. Well i just got off the phone with him and We handled it accordingly and it is all good now. :)

Why is this business so hard? This is something that all my classes have not taught me (well and spelling also ha) I guess learning from mistakes is the way to run a proper business. My heart like shoots up in my throat when there is a problem or something. :waving:

10. K c m

Mo Green I do agree with you. I should have talked to him prior to the cleanup (bad call on my part) 5 out of the 6 i maintain told me to just leave it at the curb. However next time its better to be safe then sorry.