Just have to brag!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Apr 3, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I've put out 300 fliers so far (1700 to go :cry: ) and gotten one customer for sure and another one a maybe. The one I for sure got is a fruitcake at the least. I was walking up to her house as she got out of a practically new Cadillac Escalade SUV and right away she was interested. This was yesterday so today I went to do the first cut (free this year for new regulars) and MAN it striped awesome so I double cut it just for the awesome plaid effect! But this is a perfect lawn! She has a less than 5 y.o. Dixon ZTR, inground pool, jacuzzi, fairly nice house, brand new $200 21" mower, etc. and then she whips out some bills and says "how far will $200 get me?" Well I said she can prepay but only a month in advance and so that was $151.80 so she gave me $160 in cash and said keep the rest for a tip. Now she can't be but in her lower/mid 30's. I can't tell if she won the lottery or is so far in debt (probably LOL) that she figures she might as well enjoy it. Oh this is a full service account all the add ons! :p payup :laugh: :jester: :waving: :drinkup:

Just had to brag... I'm feeling really good... Oh the other lawn is a junk one pure weeds ugly, several car parts in the grass in one corner of the lawn (think he rebuilds old cars as a hobby). $25 a week one took me exactly 25 minutes and is a block away from the other one. It isn't anything to be proud of but I'll know shortly if I got it. I have more fliers to do still but so far it's been more than worth it for that first account! woohoo!
    BTW I'll have to post a pic or two of it later, it's sweet.

Oh and I was mowing at my church and it has some real nice grass and stripes sweet so maybe I'll get referrals from that. I do it as a donation.
    Ok enough from me, anyone else having a stroke of good luck? :jester:

Eric

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

That dixon might could be added to your line-up??Sounds like a good candidate for a little barterin??Keep doin what your doin the accounts will come.:)

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Nice job BHB, Gotta love those ind of customers!!! They are a few out there and they are great to deal with. I placed my ad in the local paper today and got a call for a clean-up, after talking with the guy for a few minutes I turned it into a year round gig. Going to check it tomorrow (weather permitting, snowing right now). He lives in a very nice part of town and I have an other customer close by!!:blob3:

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I tried grassdaddy (it's a 2 bladed 30" 14hp B&S residential model) but she said she needed it to pull the brush type sweeper for leaves. I said hey I do leaves (thinking this will be a gold mine payup LOL) but she didn't seem interested.

Here's a small part of the church lawn. The Scag was really stripin' on out today with single regular blades. The OCDC worked great, I mean I couldn't live w/o it and it mulched better than I thought it would and the mower did better than I thought it would just discharging also :)

apr03200.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

maybe tomorrow I'll get a pic of that one lawn... it's just fabulous. Here is another one of the church.

apr03195.jpg

6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How did you get the stripes to go through the trees?

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

LOL Hmm.... you really wanna know? LOL kinda hard to explain let me make an illustration maybe that would be better, i'll post it when done here in a few minutes hopefully.

8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job BHB!! :) :drinkup:

We havent started mowin yet, still doin cleanups.....but when I start cuttin I will post some pics...;)

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

thanks Bastalker. I'm happy! :)

Here is the pic of how to stripe around trees. I will also post it in a seperate post so it will come up in searches. Hope this helps some....

stripe around trees.jpg

10. Organic-man

Organic-man LawnSite Member

Looks great but I still dont see how you could stripe through those trees. Did you turn the blades off when you went around, or did you lift the deck or both?