Just hoping to get things started.......

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by firebox700, Nov 15, 2009.

1. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Good start with the trailer and equipment, I have the same Stihl blower (br380) works just fine. used it on the leaves this season had plenty of power for pretty much anything and it's lighter than those bigger blowers. All I have is echo trimmers and edgers (besides the walk behind edger) they are good enough to get by, so as a back-up that should be fine. I built a cage last winter to make my trailer more efficient and made a great blower rack that locks up secure and is very easy to use. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=271322 (This is how the rack looks up close)- http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3357452#post3357452
    I'm not trying to steal your thread just that your equipment is your life line and keeping it secure is so important. You might want to use some ideas from this on your trailer in the future. You will have no problem getting work as long as you do great work it will just start coming to you. Good luck David

2. firebox700

firebox700 LawnSite Member

David,

Wish I had the skills and equipment to build a cage/box like that. Looks nice! I picked up another client today so things may be turning out ok!

3. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear you are getting more work. It won't take long and you will have more work than you realize possible. If you are hard at it people will take notice. I have to turn work away since I still have to work full time at the other job, and want to make sure the weekends stay free for my family and going to church on Sundays. I'm starting my fourth season and have had most of my customers from the start (one decided to sell her home and move into a retirement community). This should be one of my best years, since I only want to build on my funds in the business account for the future and we have very few equipment purchases to make (if any). David

4. greens witch

greens witch LawnSite Member

Best of luck to you!