Just installed The Director - Mine is not red like the picture

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 8, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I called York Sheet Metal a couple of days ago and David Burchstead returned my call today. When I was placing my order and talking about shipping cost/process he said "Ya know what.. I have a meeting (or something) down that way today.. how 'bout I meet you at such and such a place at 2:30 (which was approximately the half-way point ((35 minutes)) between me and them), this way you can have and start using it tomorrow instead of waiting 'til Monday.

So.. we met and chatted for a little about his business & products. I asked him if he would look into building me a tray to hold a 15 gallon sprayer that will mount into a receiver hitch on the front of my Lazer. He said sure and wrote down all the measurements.

It was a pleasure to meet and talk with David. I thought it was fantastic of him to offer and hand deliver the Director to me.

Great guy!

I can't wait to use it tomorrow... But why is mine black????
  2. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

what is the director?
    yes that was nice of him to help you out.
  3. Lawn-Scapes

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I guess it really doesn't matter, but mine is red. Pretty good quality paint also. Probably baked on, not just a spray can.

Maybe they switched to black to make them stand out more? Once you get it on, you'll wonder how you did without it!
  5. Lawn-Scapes

No... it really doesn't matter from a working point of view.

But... it does stick out like a sore thumb.

What the heck does the rubber mat do??? Looks like nothing.
  6. Esby33

Esby33 LawnSite Member

It was also black. I was really hoping for red, and expecting red. I'm not sure what to do. I hate to be a pain in the a**, but I kinda want it to match my Lazer. Not sure what to do at this point. Anyone have suggestions?
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Buy some paint? ;)
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Heres a pic of the flap. This is the proper way. It must go under the hinge rod. It is only attached on the OCDC, not to the deck.

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

You guys can paint those things, krylon would probably look better than black. Go to the grocery store, get a red "Scotch Brite" and wet the director down, sprinkle comet on it, and scrubit with the scotch-brite until its dull. wash it off with dish washing detergent, dry it off and lay 3 or 4 medium coats on it. ;)

How do those things perform? This was a feature I really liked on the DCs.

Are they adjustable..or only opened or closed?

Does the deck mulch well with them or do you still need the mulching kit?

Do they increase deck blow out? ...Windrowing?

Has anyone ground leaves with them?

Does it interfere with deck height adjustment?
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Thomas... Yeah that's how mine is. What does it do?