Just joined the local Chamber of Commerce

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Grits, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have been thinking about joining for a while and was finally able to afford the little bit of money it took to join. I think it will be a good thing as long as I go to the functions that they have, which I like that kind of thing. Also, I read on their website that members can use their bulk mail permit. Sweet! I am excited and lookng forward to what is to come with this....it will be interesting. Anybody else a member of the Chamber and use it to it's full potential?

2. Cubguy

Cubguy LawnSite Member

Chamber functions are a great place to network.
    Good luck!

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

rip off here. Not worth it. Just like the BBB. Pay to join? Hmmm not worth it if it is a real good organization. contribute yes, Pay NO.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

it's one of those things you have to give to get.......If you just join and that's it, then dont expect anything, But if you go to some of the activies, you will network with some of the better people in town, it's a Really GREAT way to network....

when I joined, I attended my 1st lunchen, walked out with 4 contracts in pockett, with 3 more on the way....

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

It seems to be good way to network. I really need to join. I was a member when I had my retail store. Again its what you make it.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, did that. I landed one account for a small store but the program here is more for the benifit of them and not the people in the club.

I instead got on the city council board and city parks board. That in itself is free just need to have good ideas and show up for meetings. I have landed way more accounts that way and it is free other than your time.
    good luck.

7. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Im glad I read this post cuz my mom went to a meeting at my local chamber and I asked her about the bulk permit and she didn't know. Now I will look into it much further about joining. For me in my area it's only like 75 - 100 bucks for a year anyway

8. LindblomRJ

$100 no problem. Around here I think its $200 a year... Gulp.

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It's $245 here.

10. LindblomRJ

If its $100, $300 or what ever and you use to network and become active in the organization its a good investment.