Just laid NEW sod down in November

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott015, Feb 15, 2002.

1. scott015

scott015 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, first off I want to apoligize for posting this here, it looks like this is all comercial stuff.... but nobody ever replies when I write in the other boards. You guys are the BEST here...

anyway, I just bought my very first house in November. They laid bermuda sod down in the whole yard. Of course it was dorment when they laid it down. I live in DFW area of Texas so it is already starting to warm up.... been in the 60's all week. So I want to get my yard going now before I get infested with crabgrass, ect.

There are already a few green leaves poping through, but I dont think it is the bermuda... some other crap. So what do you guys suggest I do? I am not a professional, so I can only go to lowes, etc places and get over the counter stuff.

I am brand new to all of this stuff, but I am really really interested in learning alot and having the best looking yard in my new neighborhood. So any help you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.
  2. 2-4D for the weeds, and some fert to get it going strong.

Maybe 18-24-12 starter or 24-6-12 slow release.
  3. King City Lawns

King City Lawns LawnSite Member

Next year before it starts to warm up, like the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan. you can put down Round up. ONLY DO THIS IF ALL BERMUDA IS DORMANT. Round up only kills existing plants,so if bermuda is dormant it will not harm it. It will kill out all weeds and cool season grasses to give the warm season grasses a good jump with out any competition.Then when warm season grasses are in you can continue your normal fert. apps.