Just landed a big one

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 15, 2011.

1. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, what he said....

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Close to where Diamond lives on the Island is the 4th Highest concentration of wealth in the Nation I believe, that fact was accurate a couple years ago not sure it is still accurate but I doubt that much has changed. My wifes Insurance company only does high value homes on coastal properties and Jupiter Island is one of the areas they have several properties insured.

3. Yup, one home. There is crazy money round here
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Wish we had that here, would weed out all the Sanford and sons. I have basically written off most residential maintenance in my area. Have a few 400/mo resi but most of my income comes from commercial properties
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

From your posts I can tell this doesn't apply to you but playing devils advocate 1800 a month sounds good at face value but doesn't mean it's profitable. I've walked away from bigger dollars because it wasn't going to be profitable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations, The east coast of Florida is a very different market from most of the west coast. :cry:

7. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

congrats!

how about a description of the property? size, landscape, trees, hedges, beds, fences, etc?

8. Under an acre, almost no grass, fichus, podocarpus, viburnum, ginger, begonia, jatropha,etc. Larger palms that aren't included in the price. House takes up 1/3 of the property.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Allen

Yesterday I went to Juan's house (Ex Employee who bought my business) and had dinner and BS etc. We talked a good bit about our market compared to counties both North and South of our area. Our mutual conclusion was we are in a good (not Great) Market area. Now part of our conclusion comes from the longtime presents in the area. We have established customer base of Upscale retirees who come from a time when home up keep was important. The other side of the coin was the lack of any real competition. Oh we have tons of the grandma's Crapsman mower guys. But our customer have been there and done that and don't want any part of it. BTW he doesn't have a Pesticide license and we network. So we have many of the same customers.

I have few Medium size that I certainly enjoy. BUT most of my accounts are the everyday Water Front Properties with well under 5K in turf. To gain or lose one of even several of these type of account won't cause a missed Lunch like a the bigger account could. I know a LS member who doesn't post a lot but has only one Huge Account. I am really glad I don't have that.

10. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

very ture its all about the GP........