1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just like start up season all over again.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Jul 15, 2010.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Last 10 days or so have been high 90s. No rain till 2 days ago. Phone ringing of the hook with calls of browning. Bee resetting clocks , doing mid season inspections and selling upgrades. Last night was my 5th estimate since last Saturday.
    Weather may kinda suck to work in , but great for buss.
  2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

agreed, its a far cry from last year..

we are swamped with 3 trucks on the road...just to much to do ....

haven't even started the mid season's again.....
  3. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

Sounds like a normal summer day in Central Texas.
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We had a reprieve here the last 10-14 days. I had 6 calls compiled over this past weekend and Monday combined. The previous weekend and Monday combined, 58. But it's heating back up again and I expect next week to once again be putting out "fires".
  5. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year, we had so much rain from Spring to end of July that people did not run their systems until last week of July. By then, turf had grown over all the heads and roots got into the spray nozzles.

You got calls like, "Hey you did my start-up in May with some repairs but the heads don't pop up now. Come fix it for free under warranty since you didn't do it right".

Or they never had a start-up and want it done yesterday.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's been kind of interesting to hear from folks that never turned on the systems last year. I could almost predict about when some folks would get around to opening the systems, based on their particular landscape.