Just Listed 36" & 52" Exmarks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OLD5LAWNCARE, May 30, 2004.

OLD5LAWNCARE LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to let ya'll know in thowing in the towel and getting out of the buisness.

I would like to thank the many of you that provided the helpfull suggestions when I had posted a question on lawnsite.

I have just listed my;
    2002 Turf Tracer HP(80hrs.) for $4,500.00 and my
    2003 Turf Tracer(38hrs.) for $6,000.00 on lawnsite's Equipent for sale section. Both of these machines are in brand new condition.

I can be reached at Ctacomaluver@aol.com

Anyway, Thanks for all you'r help and support, Keep kicking those LowBaller's Asses!

See Ya'll
    Chad Martin

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Where are you, I'm looking for a 36 mower. The price here is what you payed new, right? What are you selling for. PM it to me.

from Zone 7

I am in Ball Ground, GA

I paid $4,500.00, Plus $270 Tax, Plus $160.00 for the mulch kit, Brings it to: $4,930.00.

I will take no less than $4,400.00.

You will not find one in better shape, unless it is brand new.
  4. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

You seem like a nice guy and I mean no disrespect but I don't think you will ever sell that mower for $4400. I see your point and how you got to the $4930 figure but you have to view this from the other guys point-of-view.

You want a guy to buy a used machine that will have less warranty and probably less dealer support (Dealer says, "Hey, you didn't buy the mower from me!") and he only saves $!00 off and gets a free mulch kit. Not enough encentive to buy from you. And the sales tax just doesn't fit into the equation. Sorry but I can't sell my new truck tomorrow for $500 more than I paid for it just because I paid that in sales tax.

I think you willl have to take less - and no, I'm not even in the market for a mower - it's just my humble opinion.
  5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

No doubt. I paid $4200.00 for my 2004 36" TTHP, $115.00 for mulch kit. You'll get 3500 for it.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Thats about the going rate of a used 36" TTHP with that many hours on it. They sell for $4400 here new and I think that is high. I paid $3700 for mine with around 20 hours on it.

from Zone 7

You know how is is fellas,

If I can see the cash in hand, we can deal!

I'm actually hopeing the 52" will go so I can keep the 36" since I am selling my trailer too.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Better recheck your ad....they've been deleted.
  9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Yup, the lawn nazis got him. Must not have dotted all your i's, and crossed your t's.
  10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

New mowers depreciate fast. I would think most folks would want at least $1,000 off new to take the risk on a used model. There are tons of things that can be wrong with a mower and not show up upon inspection. I have a one year old mower I paid $2600 and know I got a good deal on it, with about 50 hours on it, that I don't expect to even see $1500 for when I sell it soon.