1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just mowed my yard yesterday

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by newlymowedlawns, Sep 27, 2008.

1. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

Here is a couple of picts of my yard. Hasent been fertilized since July. Luckily it was a cow pasture for over 30 yrs and the ph is right on. It does not have any irrigation except good ol rain water :laugh: The 1st picture is after the sun set. It is funny how they always look better when the sun sets. Lemme know what yall think.

2. Done with what kind of mower? The next mower I get I want it to deliver a pretty striped cut. I don't know which mower that will be or with an optional striping kit etc.. I'm leaning towards the Toro brand due to a good dealer in my area. Not sure which mower to choose. There's also an Exmark dealer across the street and I don't think there's much difference between those brands since one's a parent company to the other.
  3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice and green. Good looking stripes as well
  4. newlymowedlawns

from NC

The long stripes are done by a Bobcat Ztr 23 Hp Kawasaki 61" cut. That mower has like 3800 hrs on it, used 6-10 hrs each day 6 days a week with no ploblems. Maybe a belt here or there. Might blow up tomorrow. LOL Highy suggest a Bobcat

The diagonal stripes are from My Waker Mower 48" bagger. Have had 4-5 Walkers over the years. I also love my Walker too. Will always have one of them on my trailer.

Sometime I mow the diagnal stripes with my 48" Scag Tiger Cub. Only reason I got a cub insted of a Turf Tiger is to be able to side discharge where I mow with my walker b/c the cub has the same size deck.

Thanks for the replies!!

Had to stick this pict of me and my future weedeater landscaping my yard.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

looks Great!!
  6. Your little girl is a doll. Wish my 8 year old girl looked like that again. They do grow faster than grass. Sad.

Oh yeah, on your Bobcat, does it have a striping roller or some kind of factory striping kit? What height was that yard cut at? I have a Cub Cadet Enforcer 48 inch ztr and just noticed the other day that the wide roller across the back of the deck had a height adjustment so I dropped it to the lower position and hopefully it'll improve that mower's striping ability. I definitely want my next mower to be a striping machine.
  7. newlymowedlawns

from NC

I know She is growing up fast. The bobcat has no striping kit. That is the second one I have owned and they stripe well with no roller. We have fescue grass here Central NC. It is mowed at 3 3/4. I have been fortunate to have A Lesco Center not too far from my house. They have really helped me out with keeping my lawns green. I have about 34-35 of my yards looking like mine out of the 50 or so I do. I am going to try to remember my camera this week. The others want it to look like that for free. Not going to happen in this day and time w/ the high prices. Some of those yards I have fertilized for free and Sprayed Brodleaf out of my Permagreen for free. Anyway kinda off subject. I would highly recomend a bobcat. Any lawnmower shop can work on them. Very simple upkeep.

Thank you Lesco!!!!!!!

8. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

looks very good!!
  9. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

very well maintained lawn and house. I love the design of your house. It looks great.
  10. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

BOBCATS Stripe great and they don't have a stripe kit! i love bobcat for the way they stripe!