Just my luck.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jacob's Yardworks LLC, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

Well this afternoon we had to go out and cut/suck up a yard. I'm out on my brand spankin new 61'' Great Dane ZTR used for the first time which has 0.6 hours on it sucking up debris and leaves and mess. So its doing a wonderful job and everything is working great until I go and turn around about half way through the yard. I pushed my left bar forward to turn and it doesn't do anything. All i felt was that feeling where your tires are spinning but you aint going any where. I then get off and look around and the soil is hard as a rock so i knew I couldn't have been spinning. I then look under it and see hydraulic fluid spewing everywhere. Come to find out when they put it together, they didn't strap one of the hydraulic lines up and it was hanging down rubbing on the main belt which made a hole in the line. Man was I a little pissed lol. 500 hours on my old one and hardly any problems and 0.6 on my brand new one and shes already in the shop. :hammerhead: :dizzy: :cry:
    Anybody had this happen to them???
  2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never had it happen to me when I had my Danes' but I can believe it. I hate Great Dane. Looking back now I can honestly say that they were the worst mowers I ever owned.
  3. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

Damn I hate to hear that but thanks. What all have u had go wrong with them? The only other problems we had with them are the spindles and thats about it.
  4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 6 GD's and really havent had very many problems with them. It was an error in assembly, its a bummer but not much you can do. Biggest repair I had on a GD was a clutch go out on a 36" WB that was 3 years old. GD makes a good machine thats typically less expensive then the mowers where you pay for the name.