Just need an opinion. ( price for 3acre cut)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onemancrew, Jun 11, 2003.

1. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

This is a veeery good customer. I have cut their lawn for 3.5 years, they also let me trim shurbs & any other small jobs of outside nature. They just bought a new home & it has 3 acres to be cut weekly. This has a small (50 x25 ) pond on ti as well as a pool. Not a lotof trim above the norm. This lawn is mostly flat. Their old lawn was 16 k normal trimming a small hill (35 X15) $45 per cut. I just bought last week a John Deere 737 54" ztr. W hat do you guys think? I'm going to lthe property now. Thanks in advance. Todd:confused:

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

With 3 acres I'm sure there are some variables. Many trees? Hills? I would use my judgement to estimate how long the weekly process would take. Then charge a buck a minute. BTW get them on a monthly contract and don't be afraid to charge them enough. You will kick yourself later if you don't.

3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I recently mowed 5 acres, flat, lots of trees, house and out buildings. Took me 3 hrs. $125.00. A reasonable price, but with larger properties you will usually get additional work to offset a generous price for mowing.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Well... how did it go?

5. plowboy81

plowboy81 LawnSite Member

Two weeks ago, I picked up a 3 acre yard for a company. I bid at 125 and another guy bid at 100 so the woman liked me and give me a chance to get it for 100. No trimming, edging, or anything but mowing. So I took it for 100. Took me 1 hr. 20 min to mow with my hustler (Super Z 60"). Ended up making better than I thought. With a yard that big and a customer that good, it is really hard to lose your tale. Good luck. I might would figure around 90 to 100 site unseen to keep the customer and get neighbors nearby.

6. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldn't touch a three acre yard around here less than 140-180 with normal trimming..80-90 is just too low...

7. plowboy81

I live in NC and I also said 90-100 which is only $10 difference, but this is a $10 world. It all depends on the neighborhood, customer, your overhead, your ambition to make money, and how fast you are. My price would probably be different if I had to price it and could look at it. Just my .02

8. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

You mow for $25.00 per acre?????
    I've got plenty of work for you. plus ill give you over time for the side jobs.

9. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

Just touching base about the property. Flat no a lot of trimming. I think I can cut, trim & blow in 2hrs.:blob3:

10. plowboy81

Sounds to me like $100 is close to your price. You know your customers better than I do and you know what they will pay. Another thing, if there isn't alot of beds, trees, and other stuff, you can make a nice profit by installing this stuff for them. Good luck.