1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just odd but good for me

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by outrunjason, Mar 3, 2008.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I can't believe this. I have a customer that owes $300 for some landscaping we did at the end of the year last year around October. It was due in November. Well she never paid, never responded to my letters, I went by there last week and the lawn had been scalped. I was like what the heck?

Well today I got a call from one of my customers who has a bunch of rent houses that we do for him. He said I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to mow this address anymore because we have a tenant in there now. He said I passed on your information to her so maybe she will use you. He said her name was *******. I was like hmm that sounds familiar. Later on that day I looked it up and and what do you know. It's the lady that owes me money and she just happened to move 20 miles away to a different city and to a house that we were servicing while it was un-occupied.

So, today a new invoice went out to her new address. I guess she was planning on moving from the previous address and just wanted it nicely landscaped before she moved out. Then she never paid and thought I wouldn't find her.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You lucked out, now keep your fingers crossed that you get a check.
  3. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Yeah this is going to be great when she gets a knock on the door. I want to see her jaw drop.