Just opened my company this year

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tcalb2, Mar 2, 2007.

1. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

I recently opened my company and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to break into a market besides word of mouth. I have a website already and have tried the news paper but I still haven't gotten any calls. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to market my company. thanks

2. MILSINC

MILSINC LawnSite Member

Create an image, create a 'brand'.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

its also early for advertising other than branding (getting your name in front of people). People will also start searching more online when we have warm days, not so much on rainy days like today.

Work on your websites searchability now in the off-season and try to get good results from that, then just keep at it with the print ads.

4. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

Branding is probably the best thing that I can think of, especially in the beginning. Are your trucks lettered? I thought that was one of my best purchases in the beginning, as much as I drive around I couldnt beat that type of advertising. I only received a couple of phone calls directly b/c of my truck lettering...(they actually said they were driving behind me and thats how they got my #). But I think that if they even saw my name once driving around and then they see my ad in the paper, they are more likely to call me.

Oh yeah, the best thing to remember is just be patient, before you know it you will have more customers than you can handle. Good luck.

Ron

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Well being your from Rhode Island ,people there may not have spring or getting someone to cut their grass on there mind yet. You may want to try about 1 month before spring hits .Hand out lots of flyers or door hangers. When does mowing start up there.

6. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, Yea I just got my truck lettered and i'm having the tailgate done as well. I guess its alittle early to get calls for stuff, Because I have the down time now its driving me nuts. ha

7. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

around April we start mowing around here. I started advertising in Febuary thinking I would jump start the year but I guess that was alittle bit early

8. TNT LawnCare Inc.

We have about 1 more month to go its driving me crazy. Icant wait to get mowing again,you could start mulching and doing some clean-ups.Good Luck:waving:

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

This winter wasn't that good for me this year, we only had 1 decent snow to do some plowing so spring cant get here fast enough for me. I'm more then ready to start Mulching and doing clean ups

10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

Tommorrow were going to open house at our dealer he's going to be selling Hustlers:cool2: cant wait to check them out.