1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just ordered a Gravely 48z!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmanb2b, Jun 19, 2008.

1. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

Hey guys...just wanted to get your thoughts on this mower. For those who use it please feel free to post your experience with the quality of cut, durability...etc. I am a homeowner, but hope it lasts me longer than a home cheapo deere ztr.
  2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I find it funny that you are asking about it after you have already ordered it. I have no personal experience, but most people that have bought one seem to like it.
  3. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

Yeah...hilarious. Thanks for your observation though.

Have been looking at the Gravelys for a while....demo'd it and liked it. Just figured I'd ask the pros for their opinions.

$1k over the cost of the residential deere ztr...want to see if folks think it's worth the extra dough...that's all.
  4. CGlisson

CGlisson LawnSite Member

I've only heard great things about Gravely Z's. My buddy runs 6 of them with his crews. Hopefully you have a great dealer to take care of you too!
  5. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I recently tried one and liked it also, they are crazy-heavy built machines, not to be nosy but what did you pay for yours? is it the 19hp kaw model ?
  6. MyKisa

MyKisa LawnSite Member

I like my gravelys, but then that is all I have ever used
  7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We've sold a bunch of the 44/48Z's this year.
  8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I looked at the 144xdz. It looked very solid and built but the dealers are too far away for me. And the closer one I heard isn't too professional. So I went with exmark.
  9. midatlantic grass

midatlantic grass LawnSite Member

Did you buy the 48 Compact Z? Or the 48 XDZ? Two different mowers. I have the 152 XDZ. Runs nice, cuts smooth. built solid IMO. No gas gauge really is the only complaint. Test drove Gravely, Hustler, Ferris, Grasshopper.
  10. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

Thanks for the comments guys...it is the 48z compact...I really wanted an xdz, but since I'm a homeowner, I just could justify coughing up and extra two grand for the xdz. Thank you all for the input...will let you know how it cuts when it's in.

Price paid was $5,100