Just passed 170!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, May 23, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

A big milestone for me. Last couple of years we've been focusing so much on installs & such that I hadn't been puting enough of a priority on growing our maintenance biz. So we've been hovering around 160 for ages. Sometimes it was more like 150 or 155 as accounts dropped off in the winter and no new accounts took their place. But even in the spring and summer we never got much past 160. Now, in just the last few weeks, we've blown over 170 - All year-round accounts!

Well, I'm not meaning to brag. It was just a big milestone and it seemed like it took me forever. So I had to mention it. 200 is the goal this year.

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Congrats Jim!

3. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Good job, Jim.
    How big is your company? # of employees and such?

4. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Jim,

5. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Don't know what happened but congratulations on growing your business. Being a new guy I am dreaming of numbers like that I know I will get there in time. Again congrats.

Ron

6. zfrog

zfrog Banned

That's sweet, just got #64, but I work solo. Used to have 110 and 3 guys, then as the guys moved on to "real jobs" (my bro, friends, good workers) I didn't want to hire anyone else and just cut the crappy accounts in increments as each guy "retired". That's a whole other thread though, the solo/employees thing. We've seen it before and will see again. I also don't mean to brag or anything I just want to give guys that read this an idea of what a solo can do. I do mowing, etc. Tues-Fri and most are relatively small, a few big ones.
    Jim, I hope you get to 200 soon. Good job! Just keep on doing what you're doing, it seems to be working very well.