Just picked up a 25 acre account and think i need to get a couple 72" ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Apr 26, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

what would you recomend? the house sits on 25 acres of lawn no gates to go through, I think i need to get a tractor or am wondering if i could get away with purchasing three 72" ztr's. If I take this offer the homeowner has two other properties at 10 and 18 acres each. I think I could make a pretty good amount on these, also the homeowner will put in a good word with his neighbors too. The area is real nice with houses in the 8 to 10 million $$ range so I think it is worth taking a look at, any advice would be helpful.
  2. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

sounds like a goldmine to me, what did you estimate that at for a season contract?
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I don't think you need 3 72's. A couple should do just fine or you may be able to do it with one. You should be able to cut 4 acres an hour with one machine so with 2 you could cut 8 acres/hr.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

I would make shure that person signs a contract in writting for this much land to be taken care of.Before they sign have some one look it over, it would be bad if you got it one month went and got all the equipment to mow it the lost it next month.

Get them committed on a dollar figure per cut per section of land that has to be done. Do not give it a way firgure what would it cost rite down to every penny for me to do this . Counting on a few things going wrong braking down here and there flat tires seem to happen a lot when mowing very large areas, damamge to your mowers or the tractor you might rent to mow it. payup
  5. South Florida Lawns

from usa

So i trust him, but i am still going to have a contract
    as for how much im going to charge, I dont know yet I am going to walk the property at the end of the week so i can get an idea.
  6. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I don't trust anyone, get a contract so we don't see you back in a few months singing the blues.
  7. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Yep, I learned the kinda hard way, no matter what a customer says, don't trust em' without a contract, especially the bigger money customers.
  8. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what I would do if I got an account like that. I know I would make them sign a contract, Then maybe get one 72" and me and 2 guys would try to knock it out in 1 day. I dont know really.
  9. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Even if it were my brother there is still going to be a contract its too bad but u can't trust anyone out there these days.
  10. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

where in tampa does someone have a house on 25 acres? Just wondering...