Just Picked up a new SCAG Turf Tiger 35hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djones411, Nov 30, 2007.

1. djones411

djones411 LawnSite Member

Rather new here and just saying thanks for all the info to help lead me to my purchase of a 2007 SCAG truf tiger 35hp vanguard air cooled. Bought this to mow my acreage down in Florida.

Gonna go over all the bolts and stuff to make sure the dealer got everything ok. Already scratched the paint off the butt going down the trailer darn it. Why don't they have wheels back there:confused:

It was between the scag, huster, and Bad Boy.
    The hustler was just to underpowered to cut at speed when I demoed and left a lot of stringers at 3-4 inches.
    The BadBoy was real nice but only $700 Cheaper out the door with the 32 vanguard, only one year warranty, only one dealer, and no Demos available.
    The scag 29 kaw dfi was out of the question to as it bogged down in some of the 2 foot grass at speed.

Local dealers had to special order the scag 35hp at almost full price, long drive away, and they suck around here so I didn't mind buying out of state other wise I would say support your local dealer.

Paid 9000 out the door no tax from virginia. BTW the dealer has one left if someone is interested. Let me know and I will give the dealers name if it is allowed on this forum.
  2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrads on the Scag. You will not be disappointed. By the way I am in the market for a new Turf Tiger and I live in Virginia. Sounds like a good deal to me let me know.
  3. djones411

djones411 LawnSite Member

Here is the dealer web site. I also got the 6 months no payments no interest deal with them.

Salesman I bought it from is Bill, tell him Mike sent ya. I get nothing from the referral BTW just they were very accommodating when it was picked up. I thought The crated tractor would fit but it didn't so they had 3 mechanics assemble it while I waited. Seem like real good guys
  4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Appreciate the info. I will look into it .:waving: