Just picked up a used Bunton Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Oct 3, 2002.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

i just picked up this Bunton 14 HP kaw Hydro for $1500.00 .guy said it was 4 years old said he only used it one season been sitting in his dads garage for 3 years i think i got a steal

mower7.jpg

2. HarryD

gunna use it to replace my 15 year old belt drive bunton . heres another pic

mower8.jpg

3. soccer coach

soccer coach LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Looks very nice Harry. I wish I could run into deals like that.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know about a steal, but you made out pretty darn good.

If it was 48+ inches and 17HP that would have been a steal.

What size 32" or 36"?

Jim

5. HarryD

its a 36" . well im not ready to spend 3 to 4 k on a 36" inch Exmark my old 36" bunton has served me well , I only use in on about 6 of my accounts that have small gates . I think that 14HP kaw has plenty of power :)

soccer coach
    the guy i got this from has a 48" Bunton hydro with a 14HP vanguard on it he said he would take $1700.00 but im sure he would go down . it is the sister to this mower i have not seen it but im sure its in the same condition
    I still have his number if ya want it

6. Jimbo

I agree 14HP is plenty for 36" cut (I was just trying to make a point about the "Steal". I see lots of 36" mowers in that price range, but most are belt drive. Most might have a few more hours but the condition appears the same.

I admit its a good deal because of the hydro.

Great job! Where did you find it- local paper?

I think because the rough season you will see lots more mowers for sale. Bad year to get started.

Jim

7. HarryD

the guy i got this from said he has not mowed in over 3 years he said he got burned out in one year . hehe , he didnt want to put in the sweat equity . i wish i could get some better pics but its a over cast drizzly day here and i cant make them any bigger

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I like getting those good deals. Last week I was at an auction and bought a Toro commercial line trimmer for $15. It runs, but there is significant power loss. This winter I am going to tinker with it.

Congrats on the Bunton!!
    MATT

9. HarryD

well i took it to the car wash washed it up it started up drove back on trailer got it home now i cant get it to start . just back fires :( took off carb checked it out pulled plug its getting good spark poured a bit of gas in carb but all i can get it to do is backfire im not happy any other ideas that i could check out also made sure all the safty buttons are engaged still im puzzled to why it wont fire up

10. Jimbo

If your getting spark and its backfiring it should not be the safety switches.
    Makes sure that the trottle cable is mounted correctly and check to see if the butterfly in the carb is closed completely when the choke is on.

Did you start it at the guys house?

How many times did you try to start it after the car wash? Flooded?

If its flooded you might have to wait for it to dry out.

Is the gas valve on?

Some ideas...all easy but thats what it usually is....something easy.

Jim