Just Picked up my new ExMark 36 Metro

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Reliable Lawn Care, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just took possession of my new Exmark Metro, it's belt driven and fixed deck, my first "bigger" mower. It came from the dealer set at 2 1/2 inch cutting height. They said I can achieve higher or lower levels of cutting height by simply adjusting the front spacers on the 2 front casters, without having to adjust the rear or blade spacers. Does anyone have experience in this to let me know if it will get a good cut using this method? The grass cutting height here is an average of 2.5 to 3.5 inches.
  2. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

I was told by my dealer that I could adjust the front spacers and not have to worry about the back he said a little "rake" in the front was good.
  3. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

How much one of those cost?
  4. Reliable Lawn Care

I got mine this last weekend for $ 2,400.00. They are selling them for a discounted open house special for $2,450.00, but if I paid by check and not credit card, they took off the credit card fees of about 2%. He also is throwing in the mulch plate for free, usually about $25.00 dollars or so. I played with it at home and it seems to be a pretty serious machine, I hope it works out, I only do about 15 lawns a week, but one is a 25,000 sq ft commercial property, so this will help.
  5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

You will enjoy it. Just remember....too much rake and you could actually gouge yards. Lowering the fron is great, easy. The back takes a little more time. Set it at an exceptable height and go to mowing. You are not going to want to make this adjusment at every stop....I can tell you that. Mine has been a very solid machine and I like it a lot.
  6. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Congratulations. I have had great luck with my Exmarks.
  7. boblawn

boblawn LawnSite Member

that's nice, I think you'd like a 36" hydro better though. "true reverse"

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure you got the operators manual with you new mower. There should be a height chart in there, it will show you the different combinations of front castor, blade spacer and rear axle position you can use to set your desired cutting height. Hopefully the rear axle position is set so you can attain 2.5-3.5 inches by moving the front castor spacers only, that's the easiest and fastest way to change heights.
  9. Reliable Lawn Care

Thanks, I appreciate the comments
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

congrats on the new product!