Just picked up my new mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by f50lvr2, Mar 31, 2010.

1. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi all, thought some of you might be interested in this.

I just picked up a new Exmark Vantage stander 52" deck 24hp kawasaki. I haven't used it yet, but here are a few pics I took with my phone. I'll try to get a review up in a week or two once I've got a few hours on it. Based on the enthusiasm for the Toro Grandstand I expect good things.

2. WholeSaleSteve

WholeSaleSteve Inactive

My dealership sells Toro and we have had great success with the Grandstand which as you know is very similar to your new mower. I will be shocked if you don't love this mower!!! Its really a great product. Goodluck with you mower!!! P.S. The new 24 hp Kawi engine.....W * O * W Its become my new personal favorite engine. The fuel burn is is great for the amount of power you will get! Also, the new Kawi carb design handles the 10% ethanol in the fuel very well. I am sure you will enoy your mower. Congrats and good luck!
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks man, I'm really hoping it saves me some time over using wb's. I chose the exmark over the Toro because our local Toro dealer is a total prick and they were charging about $1k more for the same machine.
  4. cameronderzack

cameronderzack LawnSite Member

is there something wrong with the joystick handles (don't know what else to call them) to steer the unit? One looks bent
  5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

That is an operator presence safety device. You have to pull it down to engauge the blades. I hope the belt covers stay on better than the GS. Nice mower!
  6. WholeSaleSteve

WholeSaleSteve Inactive

Correct Call Robert...operator presence device. If the Exmark is wired like the Toro you can leave the blades enagaed, step off the machine and just let up on the handle while leaving the yellow blade button engaged.....the handle becomes the "on off" while you are mowing. Not sure that makes sense.....hard to explain...but its really a nifty feature that saves time.
  7. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

Yes that makes since but.. is not how the Grandstand is wired. If you let go of presence control handle yes the blades stop, but they will not start again by just pushing the presence control handle down. You have to push down the yellow blade button and then pull it back out to engage blades.
  8. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

If your belt covers are popping off then something is wrong, I have to push hard to get mine off. ( no sick jokes :laugh: )
  9. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

So it's a stand on, but you can also walk behind right?

It looks like the leg pad would get dirty from the standing platform if it is put up often. The debris from your feet might get stuck on the platform, and then the pad.

Anyway, it looks Nice! Tell us how you like it!
  10. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely love my 52'' Toro grandstand which is basically the same thing only a little harder to raise the deck because yours has the assist springs...you'll love it good luck!!