Just picked up my new trailer! Pics included!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by topchoice, Feb 5, 2007.

1. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

14' trailor? i know nothing about steel but where i got my trailor they said that 14' steel wasnt a trailor size unless it was custom because steel came in 8'-10-12-16'...thus you would be charged for cutting down the 16'. yours looks factory built....by the way check the tire pressure! anyway, nice trailor. looks alot like mine but add a couple feet..thanks
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The cool thing about this size trailer is that it holds two Lazers perfectly. Set up with the rack, and a trimmer rack, it will be a great setup. Don't forget to put some REAL safety chains on it though...not just those chinsy dog chains that come with these trailers.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We had to move our trimmer rack to the the other side .....don't want guys out in street taking stuff on/off. We put the PVC pipe behind the cage and hooked it to the cage.
  4. SCFF

SCFF LawnSite Member

Nice trailer. I would try to keep all the weedeates & ect on the curbside sometimes people driving around you don't use common sense. The enclosed box is a good idea. I have one on my trailer it holds just about anything and it locks. It's a shame but unlocked equipment has a tendency to walk off.
  5. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Hey how much and whats the name brand?
  6. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

I had the racks added for only $45 so it didn't break the bank. The trailer company that I am working with was GREAT!!!!
  7. topchoice

I bought the trailer with everything you see plus brakes added to the trailer for about $2000. Now, I don't know if that was a deal or not, but around here that was the best price for the quality of the trailer. That trailer is definitely stout, I am not worried about it being weak in any area. I bought it from Middle Tennessee Trailer here in Nashville.
  8. topchoice

Ya, the trailer is 14' steel. I know they had it shipped from the factory because I had the box added, but there were just regular 14' trailers sitting on the lot also. The thing is definitely sturdy- no issues there!
  9. topchoice

I hear ya...everything on that trailer locks so I am good to go there! I also did think about moving the trimmer racks, haven't made up my mind yet. I would hate to put another set of holes in the trailer if you know what I mean!
  10. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

thats kewl....i wanted a 14' but all i got the 16' last year. they installed a hitch,ball,brake kit in the cab, trimmer racks, and a blower rack, oh and the wired spring assist gate. total was $2800. i am so glad i have the 16' becuase i can haul my plugger and two mowers and still have room to put stuff....\