1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just picked up the Z-Spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by griffithtlc, Apr 18, 2006.

1. griffithtlc

griffithtlc LawnSite Member

We picked the Z-Spray yesterday. When I first saw it my eyes got BIG!
    The machine is bigger that it looks in a picture. I am very excited to use it.
    We have been doing everything with a skid sprayer and push spreaders.
    It is going to make fert/spraying alot easier this year!
  2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, you bought it based off pictures? I wasn't sold til I saw it in person, but that was pretty much instant love.
  3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

wait till you get used to it..you will love it..
  4. griffithtlc

We did talk to Lt Rich about it and did our research. There would be no way I would spend that type of money without knowing what I was getting. Today I have some time to mess around with it and get everything calibrated and start getting used to it. I'm very excited!!
  5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how do you like it so far?
  6. griffithtlc

So far it is awsome! It has saved us alot of time. We used to do all of our accounts with a lesco self propelled spreader and push spreader and you were just about dead at the end of the day. We are now able to all our fert/spray accounts in about a week.

We only had 2 bugs with it.

1. The top valve did not close all the way so the right nozzle would drip when the pump was on.

2. 2 weeks later the wires inside the pump were not making good contact so the pressure would really vary. If you pulled on the wires alittle bit it would run normal and when you let go it was not running right.

We called LT Rich and they overnighted both of these and we had them the next day. We did buy an extra pump just so we have a backup. They were really good about it and it is nice to know that they do stand behind their machine.

Once you use one you wonder why did we wait so long to do this!!! It is very efficient.