1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just pisses you off doesn't it...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Feb 28, 2005.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Man, guess what I saw tonight. Driving around in the city I spot a 14' Uhaul truck ahead with a full load of furniture and boxes and his rear door is still rolled up. He's rolling around with stuff about ready to fall out the back in a 45 mph zone in rush hour traffic, with lots of cars behind him. Nothing was secured with load bars, tie downs, ropes, nothing. He goes up a hill and drives around everywhere through the city, whether he dropped anything I don't know. He knew it was open, he was just too lazy to shut the door at all b/c a box was blocking it.

Its just amazing the stupid things people will do that risk safety just b/c they are too lazy and don't care. :realmad: :angry: :gunsfirin :mad: :nono:
  2. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

Yeah, know how you feel, I'm so anal about safety of my rig and anything loose, just p#####es me off about how casreless others are.
  3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

How do you know that he knows it is open?
  4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

A. He was looking out the mirror all the time, and people were trying to let him know it was open and he acknowledged and kept driving.

If I was a cop I would have nailed his lazy azz.
  5. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

My favorite is when people try to pull trailers with vehicles that are not meant to tow in the first place and then go 25 mph on highways. I saw a toyota Previa towing a toyota pickup two days ago. I hope that idiot had trailer brakes that worked.
  6. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

About a week ago, just outside the city limits, on a 4 lane state highway, 65 mph, a Chevy pu with a treadmill in the box, and cause it's raining, he has a tarp tied to it. As soon as he hit 65 the tarp became a parachute. Lifted the treadmill right out of the box, it landed about 50 feet in front of me, causing me to swerve. The treadmill exploded as it bounced down the road. It never lost the tarp. It came to rest right next to a wreath that had been placed beside the road. This fool immediately stopped, on the busy highway, almost causing another collision and runs down the road to recover the destroyed treadmill. Wonder if he ever got it fixed? :dizzy:
  7. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

Gets on my nerve too when it is my stuff but can't complain about other LCOs I have got two good stihl trimmers off the side of the road in the last two years because some crew wasn't too carefull.