Just priced a New Lazer 34 hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I just called the larger of the dealers here to get a ballpark figure on the New Lazer Z with a 60" deck and 34 Kawasaki. The first price he gave me was $10,900 with out the suspension seat so we are talking $11,500 with a full suspension seat. I am going to set up a demo if it will ever stop raining and he agreed to save me a slot to demo one. If I'm going to be comparing them I might as well see how it handles compared to the older Z's I've had. It may be a while but I'll take a demo anyway. No doubt I can get him to lower the price some (the asking price is never the actual price here).

Anyway I'm sure I could probably get him to price it with the full suspension seat for under $11,000. But I have to remember I gave $9,600 for the 35 Scag. It may be a few weeks before I get time for a demo but I'll give it a fair review and try to take some pics. I hope he will let me keep one a while even if I have to pay to rent it a day.

2. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

is that 34 kaw, liquid cooled and efi?

3. tacoma200

I think all the New Lazers are air cooled, vertical, carburated engines. If he will let me test one I can be less biased when I compare it with the old ones. I have bought from him before so he seems to have no problem with me demoing if I can get the time. Should be a learning experience. I just hope he will let me keep it long enough to get a good feel for what it can or can't do.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I havent been following your threads real close, so this is a sorry ahead of time if you stated this somewhere previously. But are you looking to buy this Lazer or are you just demoing for the hell of it?

5. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

do you get used to the stiff dampners of the turf tigers? or do you have sore elbows every night? is the 31 hp the liquid cooled motor ?if so how do ya like it?

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a quote of $11,300 for a new Lazer 34 Kawi with the suspension seat and an extra set of blades.

7. tacoma200

I am going for the demo. I want to know how the new ones handle so I can keep up and be objective when I talk about them. It may lead to a future purchase, who knows. Not ready to buy just yet till business conditions are better but I want to get the demo out of the way. I may study a ZTR for a long time before I make a purchase and the Lazer is very interesting.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  8. Lonny90

Lonny90 LawnSite Member

Tacoma, you are in southern KY; I'm in northern TN.
    How far are you from Murray, KY?
    Hope the demo goes well...

9. tacoma200

I have two air cooled Turf Tigers. Yes you get used to the stiffer dampers and they actually help on larger properties (I hated them at first, but they grew on me). I am used to jumping off a Lazer (05) on to a Tiger and it just takes a second to readjust.

10. tacoma200

I am near Dale Hollow Lake and Lake Cumberland, out in the sticks. I've been to Paris, near Kentucky Lake, right?