Just purchased a Gravely PM 34Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BigMike, Apr 5, 2005.

1. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

:) I've been a member of this community for a long time, and have posted very little...with that said, I'd like to thank each and everyone of you who do participate in the many valuable discussions that occur on Lawnsite. Anyway, I'll be picking up my new PM 34z in a few hours. I purchased the suspension seat and mulching kit. This is my first Z, so I'm really exited! This mower will server as my primary unit, and my Toro Proline 32" will, mostly, be used to supplement or backup the 34Z.
    I know all the downfalls of this mower...can't hold hills, slops, berms, etc...however, I don't expect to encounter many of these types of properties. Here in New Orleans, and surrounding areas, there aren't much of those types of properties...were pretty much flat here. I'll let you'll know about my impressions of this mower in a few weeks. Thanks again.

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Big Mike,

What did you pay for your mower?

Do you know what the price was with out the seat and mulch kit? thanks SY

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

good luck with it, I like mine alot. If you dont mind how much was the mulch kit. Any pics??

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You'll luv i!

Even with the suspension seat, adjust your tire pressure to ~14 psi, front and rear - it'll help with any potential rutting and sliding in that sub-sea level party-town supreme in which you live!

"Anyone,even dead man, can have a great time in 'Nawlins " !!!...and that's the truth (dats da trut). :waving:

5. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

I'd have to reference the invoice, which isn't in front of me right now; but, out the door price (mulching kit, suspension seat, and tax) was a tad under $5,300.

6. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

Yea ya right! I've got to adjust the tire pressure down, because the factory recommended tire pressure is way too high! I was amazed to see some of the ruts I left in my backyard yesterday...so, as suggested, I'll adjust the tire pressure down to 12/14PSI (front/rear) when I get home today.

7. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

5300$ seems kind of steep. I got mine for 3800$ with the mulch kit installed but no suspension seat. let me know how you like the seat though as I may be purchasing one soon. I think you will enjoy your new mower though as I love mine. the cut is nice and the engine is suprisingly powerful. :waving:

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

OUCH!!!! I hope when you recheck the invoice that you find that is wrong because even with the seat and mulch kit you still paid $1,000 too much.

9. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

Well the price went up on these mowers due to the increased cost of steel and fuel...I think the base price is now $4300. Like I said, I'll tell you what the invoice says when I get home.

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Price at out store for the mower is $4199.00, plus tax. That does not include the mulch kit, or better seat.