Just purchased a new 36" Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Johnson, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

After 3 years of fighting a compression problem with my 48" Exmark w/b, I finally broke down and bought a new 36" metro with the ECS system. I also purchased a Sthil Trimmer and Echo blower. All for 3k out the door.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Congrads.....but also for future reference don't think they did you any favors as here the full retail price on both the 36 Metro and a Stihl 110 plus 7% state sales tax with no breaks would have only been $2969.25...

3. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Well, seems like a favor. He got an Echo Blower for $30.75 :headphones:
    Bummer about the 48 though.

hillndale

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Nothing like missing that...:headphones:

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You will love that machine. I have one and really like it. The 36" Metro leaves a very nice cut.

6. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

Actually, the mower cost me $2,300.00, the blower $159.00 w/ a $20.00 mail in rebate, the trimmer for $199.00 (F5 55R, straight shaft w/ NO cable) and the 2 wheel velke for $193.00. $3,036.00 out the door. I think I did rather good. I will post pics when I pick up the equipment, hopefully by the end of the week.

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

yeah that is a good deal.

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I think it is just okay but not impressed. You can find a used hydro 48" or 52" deck with less or same amount of money but the productivity will be way outperform your little baby brand new 36" metro. I have run 36" metro for two years and I know very very well how that machine performs. It is sad but true when big lawns or more lawns come along with big offers of high dollars, your body just refused to take them ....sweat, fatigue stink. Now, how you gonna learn 3 pont turn, instant reverse, or real zero turn, and how about cutting in the rain...how about backing out of your own trailer? ouchhh...
    Best of luck.

9. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

LOL, the tone of some posters on here kills me sometimes, very funny. Well, The 36 will do me just fine. I only have residential accounts, as I have downsized quite a bit in the past 2 years. It's a part time gig for that I enjoy. I would have purchased this mower to just use on my own lawn. Once you mow with a commercial mower, it's hard to go back to anything else. "sweat, fatigue, real zero turn, 3 point turn, blah blah blah" doesn't really matter to me. Everything I have works just fine for me. Oh, and the productivity for the 36 vs. the 48 really isn't that much different (there is a difference but not astronomical). When it comes to a 52, well that's just obvious.

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

In 2 years, you will quit and sell or you will move up and sell, either way you will GET RID of it.:cool2: :waving: