Just Purchased A NEW SCAG SWZ48V-17KAI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CutInEdge Lawn Care, Mar 25, 2006.

1. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

This is the new high velocity deck. The chute is twice as wide as the Advantage deck. It really kicked the grass out on friday. Cant wait to put the real test to it. Anyone else running the new deck? I am now looking for an ACS or Quick Chute. Will probably have to fab my own since this is a new deck. I cant wait to get this on a yard that has foot high bahia and see what she can do!!

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Post a pic.

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Will take better pics in the field of the Chute opening compared to my Advantage deck. $4481.54 out the door.

100-0019_IMG.JPG

100-0018_IMG.JPG

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! Let me know how that new deck is.

5. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I can see you like orange!

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Looks sweet, I tihnk the the only real advantages to it over the tri-advantage is the wider chute opening and a anit-scalp wheel in the deck.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2006 model,who is the deck guard on the left side of the deck.

8. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

ya these new decks look great, i especially like the rubber guard on the opposite chute side. Saw them at the dealer the other day. Scag is still the best.

9. Piscitelli Landscape

Piscitelli Landscape LawnSite Member

I just got two scags left over 05 with the old deck there is a piece of steel on the old decks you can remove and the chute is just as big as the new ones. it is put there to help with clumping or something the dealer said but i gave it a try and it works great. i am not dissing the new decks i think they are great but i am glad i had this option on the 05

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I am waiting on my new 48 and 36 scag as well. I got the hydro's and the flat free front caster tires and velke and Kawi's as well..I am getting rid of a 36 scag belt, and 2 gravely pro 40's, each of which is every bit of 15 years old....

these two new machines coupled with the 52 wild cat and 61 tiger cub I already have, shoudl make short work of the grass on campus....