just purchased first exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johndeere455, Mar 12, 2002.

1. johndeere455

johndeere455 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 23 Horse Kaw. 60 inch cut exmark.
    I have always been a John Deere man and I still love their
    equip. but I demostrated an exmark last fall and I was sold on it.
    This thing cut grass at 10 mph and never messed a blade of grass, and it striped my yard very well too.

I only put about 150 hours a year on each of my lawn mowers,so this thing should last a while, I own a small lawncare business
    in central ohio, been doing this for about 10 years, plus I work a full time job, in summer time we go to 4 -10 hour days and get
    Fridays off which gives me plenty of time to mow and take care of my customers for the weekend. They should love this exmark too after they see it mow.

Thanks
    Mark

The Wright-Way Lawn & Landscape

2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Congrats Mark!

I am fulltime and only have a 44/17 eXmark. I'd love a 60, but they are so expensive. You'll get many great years out of it!

3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hey Mark,

I bought that same setup last spring (23 Kaw w/ 60'' Ultra-Cut). 400 hrs later and absolulely no problems. Leaves a beautiful cut too. I hope that you are going to be as happy with your purchase as I am with mine. Keep her oil and filters clean, her tires and grease zerks pumped regularly, and her fuel fresh and you should be in for many troublefree hours of pure mowing pleasure.

If you have any questions about the machine be sure to visit the excellent Exmark Forum...right here at good ol' LawnSite. :)

Enjoy the ride!

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

congrats on ur purchase!ur right u should be able to keep it atleast 10 years :)

5. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I just purchaced a exmark 36 walkbehind but have only use john deere tractors as well. I used a walkbehind last year on a few accounts and loved it. My father uses a john deere 455 to mow his home and I keep telling him he doesnt need a 10 grand tractor to mow his .75 acre but he wont listen...... think of what could be done with a Z.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Just keep it well maintained and you'll get great service out of the Z. Be sure to change the hydro oil at the 1st recommended time. Also, make sure you grease the idler pulley on the deck. Its kinda one of those points you can forget about. (out of sight, out of mind)