Just Purchased Gravely Compact Pro 34

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lukespapa, Feb 2, 2011.

1. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a manual tire changer from harbor freight and it works great.Also picked up some tire spoons from there as well.There are some video's on youtube to show you how it works.The warmer the tire the easier it is to work with and use soapy water or tire lube.It's not hard it just takes a little practice.

Fluid film can be gotten in bulk 1 gal and 5 gal pails as well as aerosol cans.Aerosol cans are probably easiest to get an use.I bought a gallon and spray it out of an old paint gun and that can has gone a long way.It's cheaper going bulk.I use a lot of FF in the spring as well as fall. Mostly when its more damp and grass cakes the underside.It's not needed as much in the summer time.

2. lukespapa

lukespapa LawnSite Member

I ordered the wider tires yesterday. I will bring to our local mechanic that does our oil changes and tire rotations to do this for me. I know both you and clear difference said they fit on the stock rims, and boy I am hoping that is correct. Because I look at the pictures of the Compact Pro 44 with the wider tires, and these rims are definitely wider than the 34. Can either of you post a picture of your machine with these wider tires on the stock rims?

And if for some reason they do not fit, can you tell me where to buy wider rims?

3. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

They fit - here is the compact pro with 20x10x10's on it

P1010060.jpg

P1010061.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010063.jpg

4. lukespapa

lukespapa LawnSite Member

So you have about 1/4" to 1/2" clear? Did you have to grind anything on the frame? Do the tires ever rub on the frame?

Thanks for all the help.

5. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

looks like no more scraping dog sh!t off the tires w/that clearence j/k but hey, as long a they don't rub that's all that matters right?

6. fatboynormmie

These are the areas that needed some clearance and they are on each side of the tank bracket.

P1010062.jpg

P1010063.jpg

7. a clear difference lawn

That's hilarious!! Dog sh!t actually does get scraped off by those brackets all the time. It is a little less than 1/4 inch clearance.

8. fatboynormmie

Thanks for the pics a clear diff. My units buried in the shop right behind some of my other equip. and I couldn't get any pics snapped.

9. a clear difference lawn

A couple more from a better angle

P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

aotriple7 likes this.
  10. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

So........ excactly what's the width now w/ these tires?