Just Purchased Lawn Monkey!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CutInEdge Lawn Care, Mar 6, 2006.

1. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

After 3 months of evaluating Gopher, Clip, Service CEO, Lawn Manager, and several others, we decided on Lawn Monkey. Have been using demo for 2 weeks. The Variable scheduling was the key to the purchase.

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

good program just a bit expensive for my taste

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, initial cost was hard to swallow. But growing into the program is very essintial. The variable scheduling is awesome. I have 113 res accounts and growing.

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Glad it is working for you Good luck
    TWJ

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have been using LM for the last 4 years and love it. At the time, the deciding factor was because LM had a forum here, until it was bought out by Sean Adams. Alocet does have a LM forum, but threads are far and few between. Just PM me is you ever want to talk LM.

Matt

6. carlriv

carlriv LawnSite Member
    from Mass

How similar are Lawn Monkey and QXpress. I have had Qxpress for a couple of years, and I still dont get how to do some stuff. I like the program, just wish there was a better forum to ask users.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I tried switching over to Qxpress either last year or the year before. It looked like a whole different program to me. I am pretty sure both can do the same things, but the layout a little different.I sold my Quickbooks and switched back over to LM because I am fairly familiar with it. I bet I am still using less than 10% of it's capacity though. I will next start exploring with the 'material usage' features of the program....just need to make the time.

Have you tried using the tutorial videos to learn what you need to do?