Just read the new posting guidelines....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJ Lawn, Apr 8, 2001.

1. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Guess some of our more notorious posters and dealers will not be able to post any more....... :)

I do hope that these rules apply to all.

Jim

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Clearification??

Does this mean we can post a link to say...:
    Joe, you need to check out http://www.skdfjksdjf.com, they have old crapsman mower parts that you need. ????

Eric Elm, just trying to figure out what you mean.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We have a lot of members that are also dealers and a few like to put in links to their websites in their signatures, in posts, and slip in they have things for sale. What this is doing is cheating the Mfg's and dealers that are sponsoring Lawnsite and also cheating Chuck out of money. We do have a couple of dealers that are sponsors that pay to have banners here. If they are paying for an ad and other members that are dealers do not pay, it's just not fare to the ones that are paying to have other dealers not paying. Are you getting unconfused yet? :)

In other words, this pertains to member/dealers and there are getting to be a lot of them. It gives us moderators better control of Lawnsite and as it gets bigger, there may be more changes to the Posting Guidelines, so read it often. We try to stay on top of the problems that I have mentioned, so a lot of you may not have even noticed these problems and wonder what the heck is Eric talking about. ;)

It is hard to give any examples without pointing fingers. Basically if you are a non dealer/member, you can give links to your website and MFG websites and not get in trouble.

When I first took became a moderator a year ago, about all I had to do was now and then remove a non PG13 cus word, but now that we have over 3100 members, it has gotten more involved.

I hope I didn't confuse you and if you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them.

Eric

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with you completely now. Thanks Eric.

5. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

QUOTE;

* No Dealer can even mention you are a dealer unless you are a sponsor.

Boy thats a tough one I guess If ya ask a guy what he does for a living on here and he is a dealer he is gonna have to plead the 5th or stand getten the boot eh! or lie I guess?

Peace!

But I understand you guys at lawnsite have to protect your $ supporters......