just receive my cooler rack in the mail

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 8, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just received my cooler rack in the mail today for the trailer. Looks like it will do the job. Anybody else use coolers for your employees?

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen those cooler racks. They look convenient. But our summers are so hot here that I have to keep the cooler in the back of my truck under the tonnaue cover to keep the sun off it.

3. Bouncer

Bouncer LawnSite Member

Cooler racks are nifty looking but it just seems that your ice would melt a lot faster on a warm day. We keep ours in the truck where there's a little shade.:angel:

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

after you told me where you got the, they are about the cheapest price around, wish I would have thought of ordering my trimmer racks from them.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I bought mine from Jungle Jim last year at the Louisville expo and they shipped it to my house.

I used a 5 gallon cooler from Igloo last year, but it's really more then I need. So I just bought a smaller 3 gallon one.

As far as being too hot exposed to the sun, the ice generally stays for at least two days.
    I cut the top off a couple of plastic half gallon jugs. Fill them with water, freeze overnight, and dump them in the cooler in the morning.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

YUP !

7. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

You made a good investment I have one on my trailer and it seems to work just fine. I too freeze my own ice and it seem to last all day, I will let you know how it goes this summer when it is really hot and humid here. It beats buying water at 1 to 2 dollars a bottle.

8. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

That is good about making your own ice. Its homemade block ice. for an experiment, try putting a bag of ice in and see how long it lasts compared to a bagged block of ice. No comparison.