1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just received my flyers from Taradel.com

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DixieFerris, Feb 28, 2008.

1. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, these look amazing. My wife and I created the flyer using a couple different programs, sent it to taradel.com, and they had an unreal deal for 10,000 flyers just $395 (plus $112.00 shipping, $60 to trifold all into a brochure, and $20 to bleed the ink to the edge!) That is unbelievably cheap. I will be lucky to ever use half of them, but at that price I couldn't say no. Check them out guys, it's awesome. And before anyone asks, I am not going to post mine up for anyone to look at. I know its selfish but I like to keep certain things private. Good luck!
  2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

So we are just supposed to take your word for it? ;)
  3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info, but your paranoia is amusing. If your ideology is "I don't want any competitors to see my ad" then how on earth are you going to distribute them while avoiding competitors? Advertisements are made to be viewed...

It almost seems that posting this thread was a waste of your time and replying to it was a waste of mine.

Trust me, I have no use for your designs, but I had to comment on this because I used to feel the same way until my marketing agent "set me straight".
  4. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe he justs works for the printing co. and trying to drum up buisiness.
  5. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure how much a very slick and colorful flyer works as compared to a good to the point plain Jane one. The last few years we had doorhangers made up that were very basic, the paper was green and it just had our company name and number, free estimates and listed the usual services. It had a silhouette of a guy with a mower. No color except for the green paper, those worked great for us, I think we averaged a 2-3percent response. Sometimes if the flyer is so good and rather lengthy, I tend to think the company is spending too much on advertising and probably has a lot of other costs and may be higher and not provide the personalized good service that little Joe solo does. Just the way I think, maybe I am the only one, who knows.:waving:
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what I was thinking.
  7. ron greentree

ron greentree LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have looked at this company also they do seem to have cheap stuff that looks great about to order mine soon
  8. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Good pointe, i think most older mom & Pop lco thinks that way. the ad gets them in you have to sell it. KEEP ON CUTTING