1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just received postcard order from gotprint.com

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I had ordered 5000 postcards from gotprint.com on 1-10-07. $99 plus shipping...total $158.74. Full Color front and blank back. I am impressed. The quality of print is as good or better than vistaprint and the stock is a little better IMO. The set-up is a little more involved than vistaprint but well worth it(easy with the right program). You can not beat this deal. I highly recommend it. Team Green L&L had spoken numerous times about this company. I took his advice and he was 100% right on. BTW, 5000 postcards is a lot more than I was picturing!:) Can't wait to address them and stamp them.:cry: :dizzy:
  2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have looked over their free samples they send out ... and I too will be ordering from them. I've always liked post cards over door hangers ... though you can use the little plastic bags that are made to hang on doors. (like these --> http://stores.ebay.com/ZNNCREATOR)

Let us see your finished product when it arrives!
  3. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

Post one of your postcards. I ordered doorhangers from Doorhanger.com 5000 for $189. includes shipping. They SUCK. Might just start handing these out now and get better ones made elsewhere for March.
  4. Perfect Lawn

Well Can we see?
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Pics?? Scan one for us!
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm glad you were happy with your order! I have received my first order from www.hotcards.com and am pleased with them also. I also saved a penny off shipping because I'm on the east coast. Gotprint (Beard Printing) is a great company and I recommend them to all. FYI: They don't like to print a border on cards because of the cutting process. I had some with borders and they were not cut perfect (and you could tell).
  7. Team-Green L&L

Here are some of our old printings (and some new). The small flyers were printed by Kinkos and cost $250.00 for 500 sheets. That was pricy!

The door hangers and business cards were printed by www.gotprint.net
    I would've liked thicker stock on the DH, but it was my fault for not ordering correctly.

The jumbo cards were printed by www.hotcards.com. I like them alot. The coating wasn't quite as thick as Gotprint, but the stock was great.

I will dig out some more and post them for comparison. We made a lot of mistakes in advertising.

ads 2006-2007.JPG
  8. Perfect Lawn

Cant wait to see your mistakes before I print my new ones
  9. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

Those look pretty good
  10. Team-Green L&L

1. Our original logo was too intricate and hard to read.

2. KINKOS

3. 14px stock on door hangers...don't waste your money on those.

4. Pushing brand-awareness harder than "need for service" messages

5. Not sticking to a color palette

I could go on and on, but these are the money-costing ones I can think of.