Just received PrecoParts 69.99 trimmer rack

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Shipping was a little slow (2 weeks to my house from time of order). But that's OK. For $69.99 I think it is a good deal. It is well made, powder coated gloss black, rubber protectors. Made of 2x1 curved angle iron. 50 inches tall. Locking hasps seem strong. Holds 3 trimmers or edgers. Can't put trimmer on rack without lock, to avoid losing trimmer. I also ordered the 3 locks keyed alike. Some brand I haven't heard of, but they seem strong....and for $10 for 3 locks keyed alike..it's a good deal. Overall, I am pleased and would suggest this rack.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

KUDOS for the money they can't be beat.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I agree.......mine is 2 years old and performs nicely. I purchased some small wire and hooks. Im not sure what they are called, the kind of hooks like is on the end of a dogs leash to hook to the collar. I took a the wire and fasten it too the rack and the other end to the snap and I use them instead of the locks so I dont have to keep up with a key all of the time. But I have the locks with me incase Im going to be away from the trailer for a few minutes

wayne

4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

A few minutes is too long to leave a trimmer unlocked, even mowing a back yard. If you are solo and can't see the trailer, the trimmers need to be locked.

I'm nervous even with the trimmers locked. Even locked the snatch away is pretty easy.

I hate the time and hassle to keep them locked up, but I imagine returning to an empty rack and just do it. New, there is a grand on the rack.