Just saw a new Wright Stander with a baffle...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, Nov 6, 2006.

1. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I was thrilled to see a brand new Stander at my dealer with a bolt on baffle that follows the arc of the blades along the front edge. I guess the kits will be available to retro older mowers. I have been hoping for this for quite a while. My deck has the holes pre-drilled......

This is great news.......

Derek

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

yeah, + you can get a 52" 23 hp kawi for 5935.00, same thing for exmark is 6800.00....damn, exmark is a good machine, don't know if I can justify that though

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

This one was a show demo with a 25hp, 52" and the canister air cleaner for $6300.00 and some change.....Man was I tempted....but mine is still but and infant..... I will buy the baffle kit though.....

D

4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Does anyone know if they made changes to the 48" deck? I just ordered a 48" RH stander and had the dealer make sure it was a 07 model and not a 06. He said the distributer said that they only did changes to the 52" deck?

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

That is not true because when they ordered my baffle it came in as a 61". It had to be re-ordered in a 52". As for the 48" I don't know...

6. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

What advantage is the baflle kit? I have a Sentar and a Stander, if it helps distribute the clippings Im in. The only way I find I can give a clean mow with the Stander is work center outward. Creating piles of clippings on the edges.

7. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Anyone know about the 48" decks?

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

My Stander has never been a problem as far as cut quality. (Well since the deck was replaced) There were some clumping and discharge issues. The baffle does seem to improve suction and air flow. Therefore cutting down on blowout. After some more adjustments this morning I mowed 3 and had pretty good luck. I still had to double cut due to clipping volume and wetness, but there were few clumps and the fast second pass really cleaned things up.... Overall I believe the addition of the baffle is an improvement.

9. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Wondered if you might be able to show a few pics of the new baffle you have on your wright stander. Thanks.

10. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

Here's my response from WRIGHT on the Baffle.

We do have a new baffle for the 3 bladed decks.
    The part # for the 52 baffle is 95440006 and sells for $95.00.
    Attached are the instructions.

Can't figure out how to add attachment I have the pic Wright sent me of the baffle.