1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just saw the Shindiawa 8510!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Oct 5, 2005.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

That blower looks bad. The dealer didn't have one for me to test out but had two on display with one already having a sold sticker on it. The cost is $550. Any one have any specs on this blower? The dealer didn't have any.
    I didn't like the plastic near the choke. It was hard to move it and I have skinny fingers.. I don't care for the pistol throttle either...
  2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

great, I gotta run to my dealer now, and look at one to see how I like it.
  3. KathysLGC

Seems Shindiawa is slow on updating their web site. My dealer said there was a comparison between all big blowers and the Shindiawa came out on top. Could of been just sales talk but I really want to see the specs. I might have to sell my EB630.... I'm keeping my 7001 though.
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I belive that the eba8510 has around 950cfm I am not sure if it is tubes on, or tubes off. I am assuming it is with tubes. I asked shindaiwa, and they wouldn't say.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I doubt the shind is 950 cfm with the tubes, considering they have a wind speed of 203 I believe. The stihl has a windspeed of 201? i think it is with 718 cfm, the redmax is 201 or 202 mph with 688. It doesn't add up. 950 cfm would have to be like 210 or more windspeed.
  6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I believe, from something I read the the volume at the tube is a "feet staggering 762 cfm".

Also, I would think it would be available in both throttle configurations, just like the EB630/EB630RT.
  7. KathysLGC

This is why I would like to see a spec sheet for this blower. The dealer said it is currently the most powerful blower on the market but I wanted to see paper work on it to prove it be they didn't have any. After I left I realized I could of just asked to look at the owners manual...... (duh)
  8. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

It is not even shown on the website...I know that it is on google, but the pic is little and shows nothing...and to say again, it is impossible for the thing to be over 900cfm at the pipe with that small looking pipe, especially with the given mph...
  9. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

10. KathysLGC

That's it.... You see the hole on the left in front of the air filter? Thats where you put your finger to put the choke on. The air filter cover has a screw to take off to remove the air filter which is a step up from the EB630. The tube was thicker at the flexible elbow section.