Just sayin hello

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hedge, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Hedge

Hedge LawnSite Member

Didn't see a proper place to put this, so here it is...

First post, woohoo!! :cool2:

Great site I stumbled onto here. Well, hello again from Texas..... :waving:

cya round

2. Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn Banned

:) I'm 15/ a girl at that/ and I am just getting started in the "lawn Mowing " biz.
    Any ADVICE?
    I live in NC

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello friends, buckle up and enjoy the ride. :waving:

4. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Tex!

I am just north of you. Be sure to check out the "DFW thread" in "Networking w/ people in your area" forum. Welcome!

5. Hedge

Hedge LawnSite Member

Steph:

Advice...hmmmm lets see......

My first advice would be to "stick with it". You will have good and bad years.

I have been doing this since I was your age and have taken several breaks from it. I went into the army, became a firefighter/paramedic,and worked some construction for a period of time, but I always came back to lawn and landscape work. I love the freedom, being my own boss, yadda yadda yadda. I've had years when I was broke, and i've had years that I burned money like firewood. It will come full circle, but its a bumpy ride.

My second bit of advice would be "to remember why you want to be in this biz in the first place, and carry that with you when you go to each job" That can help you to "stick with it"

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Welcome to Lawnsite Hedge. I suggest that you learn to stop, drop, and roll. :waving:

7. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Welcome Hedge and Stephanie

My best advice is to spend all the time you can learning from the guys and gals on this forum. They have and are a wealth of information. This bunch has certainly helped me in many areas.

Best of luck
    Tom

8. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

Hello to both Stephanie & Hedge:

Good luck to both of you with your business! Lots of great information on this site.

9. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:waving: Welcome to Lawnsite The best on the net.....Mark's Mowing Service