1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Shook MY Head...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Aug 28, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

This is what kills me....people like this...a accident waiting to happen....and they were on the highway for almost 30 mins....the other thing is....they drove all that way, more then sure they lowballed someone, and maybe made 11 bucks after gas and time and cost of pine straw.....two guys were in the truck too....We were coming from 3 comm accounts and a few rez accounts west of Atlanta.....Oh, and don't mind me snapping pics while driving...:hammerhead: .....

2. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Nice! I see crap like this all the time. Considering mounting a camcorder in the car...
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

And why would you follow a guy like this down the road:hammerhead:
  4. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I hope he has a license to apply chemicals!!!:laugh:
  5. Captain Pooby

Captain Pooby LawnSite Member

That's a Toyota Tacoma, correct?

Poor truck!

IIRC I beleive it's a definite safety violation ANYWHERE to have stuff piled up like that beyond the bed.
  6. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I was thinking, but I wish I had my camera somtimes to catch these idiots also.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

LOL thats funny some people are pretty stupid. I have taken pictures before when I was driving! :laugh:
  8. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

sometimes my grass blows out of the back, makes me laugh when its wet out. dont follow me. but it gets my mower all dirty, eh oh well
  9. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I had to get the pic...didn't know they were getting off on the same exit or I would have waited....first two pics were far away, but wasn't sure how well the pic was so decided to mash the gas a little to get a close up....Do yall see the trimmer at the top....Oh, and it was a Nissan....I wish I could have seen exactly where they went, and how well they spread the pine straw....

And heck nawh they dont have a lic. to spray....probably watered down mix of the cheap round-up.....

This is what hurts our industry.....I mean I realize a guy is just trying to make a buck, but when I just know he lowballed to get the job will make it harder for us guys trying to charge market.....I refuse to go below market for any job, but if this stuff keeps up I won't have a choice...
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Snap away, we don't get to see setups like that here. Well at least not too many.