Just showing off my new side gate!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Dec 17, 2002.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here's pic 1 of 2.

side_gate(1).jpg

2. walker-talker

from Midwest

And here's the second one!

side_gate(2).jpg

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

walker-talker, That's a nice looking gate.

Looks like you might have your Trimmer Trap mounted backwards?

Soupy

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Why doesn't it latch straight 90 degrees? Looks like its leaning out to the side. Look at the latching for most other regular gates, and make it that way. Like a rod inside a pipe. IF its leaning, it will eventually wear and possibly fall down while driving (NOT good). Just a quick observation.

And one other thing. Is that a Trimmer Trap? Don't you have it mounted backwards? Round hand latch should be on the engine side of the trimmer. So that part of the Trimmer Trap should be mounted on the Drivers side (Street Side) of the front of your trailer.

If it isn't a TrimmerTrap, then nevermind.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

We posted at the same time!

The TrimmerTrap mounts look to be TOO close together. I'd seperate them a bit more if I were you.

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

They are trimmer traps. They are mounted rather close together. The one that you see on the left could of been moved a few inches over, but there is a bracket underneath the trailer holding the wiring, then a over a little furthur is the emergency brake-away controller (also I don't have to reach as far over the tongue to take the trimmers off). They are monted so that I can pull off the trimmers from the outside of the trailer.

As far as the gate leaning a little bit and your suggestion about coping it from the main gate, I did that exactly. I was not sure why the main gate sloped a little bit, but I went ahead and copied it. Look at the pic.

big gate.jpg

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

trimmer traps

trimmer traps.jpg

8. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Nice looking setup, lol your garage looks just like mine a mess.:blush:

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

Thanks, but you should see to the right of those trimmer traps.....it's super messy. Not really messy, but just have all my mowers jam-packed together. Tomorrow I plan on getting that trailer out of there so that I can clean up a bit.

MATT

10. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Lol yeah i know what u mean, im trying to get all my stuff organized and put away before it snows,:blob2: If it wasnt for my 12x20 shead i dont know what i would do. :D