Just Started!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by buckluck04, May 7, 2004.

1. buckluck04

buckluck04 LawnSite Member

Hey Everyone, If this shows up twice I'm sorry! well OK I'm 18 years old, and I'm on my way into college to minor in this field (landscaping) and plan to major in another. I just have a few questions since I started my company today!Do you guys have any advice on how to get your company name out there and also how to just get some base customers to start out with? Also what kind of equipment would you suggest I invest in? I have a Ride Mower, push mower, Weed Whacker, and also some edging equipment! Any feed back and information would be much appreciated!

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

seriously. Do a search. These topics are a dime a dozen, with the same answers.

HYDRO, AND WHAT FITS YOUR NEEDS.

SEARCH

trevor

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

buckluck04,
    Just started my business this season as well. I made up some business cards and flyers on the PC. Use a program called Publisher, it gives templates that allow you to fill in the info and print, looks great. I have gotten very good response back from the flyers. Put the flyers in grocery stores, hardware stores, or where there's plenty of traffic. And if you know anyone in real estate, ask them for names of people that own rental properties.

As far as equipment, it sounds like you have what you need to get started. You'll want to add a blower, backpack if possible but anything will do just to get started. Once the income rolls in you can start upgrading to some better equipment that'll reduce the time spent on each account therefore allowing more time for new accounts.

Good luck and make sure the customer is happy with the work. If they're happy they can help you get more accounts (neighbors, etc.).

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi buckluck04,

Congrats on your new business. design up some flyers and get them out around your area. Do great work and word of mouth will spread.

5. buckluck04

buckluck04 LawnSite Member

Thank you all for the reply! Yes I've already started with the flyer's Yesterday! and I'm sorry I forgot to mention but I also have a blower as well. So it sounds like I have the tools then. And I'll take your advice and search for what fits my company! this sight is AWESOME! hope you guys have a good season and thanks for the tips and if you have any more for me I'd love to hear!