Just starting Application Business

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jjvvdd, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jjvvdd

jjvvdd LawnSite Member
    from kansas

I am starting a lawn and spray company and have no concept of the applications. I understand that eliminating pesticides and fertilizing the lawn is the goal. Is there a spray that does both at once? I've read about pricing here at lawnsite.com; I am going to test next month for the license. Any suggestions on literature to read, i.e. pesticide or fertilizing for dummies.
    Thanks,
    J.D. in K.C.

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

For the love of America and her environment...please don't even try.

Thanks

3. jjvvdd

jjvvdd LawnSite Member
    from kansas

Thanks, your a winner, I can tell.

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto. Another troll from another site. :D

5. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Yup, he is a winner , and a pro.

Now, do some searches on this site, you will see what a ridiculous statement you made, and hopefully you will understand this business is for professionals, and professionals dont need " pesticides for dummies" books to help them get started.

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

7. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I have been using this site for about two years now and have always been annoyed by some of the short and wisecracking answers given by some of the members. But I have to admit this one has even me shaking my head.
    What makes one get up in the morning and say to themselves ,"Today I'm going to start a fertilization business." Do you have any experience at all in the field? Personally I worked for five years with applications before I even considered starting a business, and then I wasn't sure I knew enough about lawn care to call myself a professional. All this being said read,read,read everything yow can get your hands on. From trade publications to books, either purchased or from your local library. I also go to every re-certification seminar that I can make it to, never think you know it all. Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions ,I'll try to help you.

8. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

JJVVDD

Are you able to just take the test in Texas? I know there are 2 authorities (or overseers) that do the regulation, but I thought you had to have 2 or 3 years experience to be able to hold a license. Not positive on this but something to research on before you get too far in it

9. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

He's in Kansas, so I'm not sure. In Texas, until a week or two ago, I thought you had to have verifyable training. Not with the AG Dept, I'm learning.

Thanks for the props, James. I dig you chowds. Good luck on Sunday. Texans in '06, baby. You heard it here first!

As for being negative, usually I just ignore them That way they drop off the board quickly. But that one got the reply it deserved. Nothing personal...

Thanks

10. jjvvdd

jjvvdd LawnSite Member
    from kansas

Nothing personal telling you that your a winner. Get a life you blow hard.
    "Only steers & queers from Texas, you ain't no steer."