1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

just starting fulltime

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenacresman, Dec 7, 2005.

1. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

hey yall iam going to start my lawn service fulltime this spring.an i just purchased a hustler fastrack 52" 18hp honda. has any one used these
    mowers before.info please. an can i still take this off on my taxes next
    year. thank you jeff ><> :waving:
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Then if your are going fulltime you'll want to take the Fastrack back and get a Commercial Super Z or Mini Super Z cause the Fastrack is a homeowner model and while made well will not hold up to daily fulltime mowing like a true commercial unit will. Also 18 HP for a 52" is slightly underpowered as you want at least a 23HP
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Start reading on this site. Use the Search feature on this site. You will quickly learn that there are some members here that are clowns more than businessmen and one is BobbyGedd. So be careful with the advice you read on this site.

Good luck.
  4. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with taking it back. The hydros aren't made for the high use in a commercial environment. They are what turn the wheels. Also on warranty issues. The Fastrak, if used commercially will not be covered under warranty. Hustler will know by the hours on your machine. I went with an exmark lazer hp 48" 19 hp mower. Wish I would've got the 21hp, but it is still a great machine. Cuts phenomenal and the only time I have problems is on over goon stuff that is about 2 1/2 - 3 ft high.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Spend some time using the search button before you buy anything else. There is a lot to learn about this business and a lot can be learned here.
    Also go ask your accountant about how to run your business and what the best tax moves will be.

Where is Marble?

Welcome to the site:waving:
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

id go back to the dealer and talk to him about your plans, if he know you where going full time commercial, he should have steered you away from that machine. its a great homeowners unit though....
  7. greenacresman

thanks guys but this is all i can afford to spend right now. the plant where i work is closeing down. 2 time for me.they say we may get to work till april thats why i have choose too go into biz for my self. but i have to watch what i spend right now. any info you guys give will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks a bunch jeff ><> >>>------------>

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Jeff Where is Marble?
  9. greenacresman

hey pmlawn i live right in front of the school next too mental health center.
    LOL guess i wont have far to go if i crack huh LOL. :waving:
    SEE YA. JEFF ><> >>>--------------->
  10. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Maybe you would be better off returning the hustler and getting a commercial walk behind mower. As you say money is tight now so you don't want to go wasting it. Unfortunately using the fastrack would be a big waste of money as it wouldn't last more than one-two seasons if your are lucky.