just starting in ROchester NY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by djsp24, Sep 23, 2006.

1. djsp24

djsp24 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys-
    First and foremost-great site! There is a ton of knowledge on here and reading bit by bit everyday just makes me realize this is truly the way to go! I guess one of my major concerns is pricing and for all you long timers, I did start out by using the search button! I live in the Upstate NY area in Scottsville/Rush and find that pricing is all over the board! I used the example of having the comp come over to my own home and give me an estimate and have been quoted from 19.95 all the way up to 50! When I start talking to people in my area about "what they would pay" everyone looks at me funny when I say 35.00 bucks for a 1/2 acre lot without a ton of obstacles, but a few. (like every lawn here) any advice from Rochesterians in the area on what they quote as a fair price in our market? I have saved enough cash to buy a new rider, trimmer and back pack blower trailor etc. But am also toying with the idea of offering fertilizer, can anyone tell me how this is working in our area and what they kinda charge for it? I am burnt out at my job and need a change in careers and I know this is the way for me, currently i read and write business plans all day so if anyone needs assistance in putting one together, just give me a shout and I can help, might be willing to trade my services for some local accounts in my area so my wife isnt freaking out when i make that leap of faith this coming spring!! Any feedback would be great, I know there are a ton of LCO's in Rochester so please give me your 2 cents!!
    Scott

2. mcmillanlawncare

mcmillanlawncare LawnSite Member

wut up im from palmyra east of rochester