just starting need help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LZRS EDGE, Mar 23, 2006.

LZRS EDGE LawnSite Member

just stating out and need advice on how to create a legit buisiness. I have heard many different things. Iwant to know exactly how to do this the right way. I am in ct and need some suggestions::confused:
  2. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

Im in the same boat as you are. Im just looking into it now but from what I hear from most people in any business is the first steps are: Business plan, lawyer, accountant. Lawyers and accountants may sound expensive but I talked to a couple of people and for what they do its well worth the money. They will know what needs to be done.
  3. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Get on the web and go to your states Secretary of State site. Click on the coorporations division. There should be a New Business handbook in Pdf format. I formed LLCs for my landscape and Construction Companies. The same website should tell you how time write your Articles of Organization. Don't pay a lawyer for that. Get a business license in the area where you will do business. Get insurance. Get equipment, get equipment, get marketing, get started.
  4. pennypincher

pennypincher LawnSite Member

I do advise you to seek the help of at a minimum a good accountant. It does not have to be a CPA as most CPAs would probably charge a bit more. Find an accountant that has been in business for a while. You might have to wait till after April 17th this year for one to have time for you. You dont have to get a lawyer to setup LLC or Scorp for you. But you will need enough liability insurance to cover you if something goes wrong. If things go well after a while then setting up a business entity should be next. Good luck.