JUst starting, New Name...?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

want your honest thoughts and Opinions on this. I am just starting up, and going the legit way, getting incorporated, licensed and of course insured, but I am gettinga bit torn by the name....
    I sat down with the wife to brainstorm... :hammerhead:
    What are your thoughts on this.

Alien Lawn Care
    "service that's out of this world"

Now I am having a graphic artist friend come up with some good logo designs, something along the line of the Blit Toon, (from Monsters Inc).
    Please be honest with your thoughts on the name. I personally think its different and stands out, but want to know your thoughts, also please if you want, add your suggestions as to a lawn care company name if this doesn't't work for you.

Thanks all, really appreciate it!!

2. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

I'm not really feeling it man. Sorry...

Slogan is good though.

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

"When he said Alien she thought he said Illegal Alien so she ran for it." quote for Aliens II.

ROFL, thats the first thing that came to my mind when I seen your name idea.

4. srqlawn

srqlawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Needs to be a name and slogan that screams professionalism.........

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm not real sure. the first thing that always pops into my mind when i hear the word "alien" is freaked-out conspiracy theory-type people and/or pot-heads. i like how you relate your tag line to the business name, but i wonder what the little old lady types would think. i would come up with some alternatives just to see what you can compare it to so you can choose the best one. best of luck with whatever you decide!!!:)

6. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks all for your input!!! Yeah, i was thinking last night about the name, and i thought, "what if people think illegal alien".. ok so that name is out...

Let me toss this one out at you guys. This one my wife came up with, story behind it is, I have the same personality and our face looks allot alike and I am org from NYC. I am talking about Kevin James, in his show "The King of Queens" and his last name on the show is heffernan, and my last name is extremely similar....anyway, My wife came up with the name:

The King of Greens

Thoughts, comments on this one? I don't have a slogan for it as she just told me today... appreciate any input

7. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

(Quality assured)
    American owned and opperated
    :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

8. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

Send the "Alien" off to Area 51. No offense, doesn't do it.

Your second choice is an improvement over the first, but keep at it...You can do better. Sounds like you are a collard salesman. :rolleyes:

It took me about 4 or 5 ideas before I came up with one that worked for me.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if you put owned and operated by Fox Mulder....that might be pretty cool.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly...King of Greens is pretty good.