just starting out and want to share my progress

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Byerley, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

So I am just starting out this year and want to share my progress as I go. Right now I am still getting everything together just got my trailer , business cards I am going to use landscapebill.com for my billing software its online based and only 8.99 a month. I started building my website off of vistaprint you can take a look www.byerleyslawncare.com. as I progress more I will keep adding to this thread

2014-02-09 20.45.16.jpg

2. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

Here is what my business cards look like

2014-02-06 21.29.40.jpg

2014-02-06 21.29.59.jpg

3. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

I also got t shirts from vistaprint but I am really n8t sure about them

2014-02-06 22.08.54.jpg

2014-02-06 22.08.40.jpg

4. jcory430

jcory430 LawnSite Member

I think your website looks pretty good so far. You might want to go back and double check the grammar and punctuation on the Services page.

"Byerley's Lawn care serves Boring , Gresham , Troutdale and nearby cities with everything you need for your yard and garden. From scheduled lawn maintenance and yard services. We currently care for private yards up to 1 acre in size as well as a number of commercial property"

This contains a sentence fragment. It also needs a period. Not trying to be a jerk, but it kind of jumps off the page.

5. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

Been mowing a few yards the last few weeks. Still don't have very many accounts yet but I will get there. Thinking about mailing out some post cards or hang them doors.

6. LawnPro2015

LawnPro2015 LawnSite Member

I really like the logo on the black shirts, and the cards look good as well. Good luck with your business.

7. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you're doing really good and have a good plan of action (from a branding standpoint). Are you getting any clients?

8. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

I have a couple now. But not enough I am having only been passing out post cards on doors of houses. I am thinking about having some mailed out but not sure how well that will work

9. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

So I have started using Lawn pro billing for my estimates and invoices really like it so far. I am having trouble getting customers. Am passing out flyers and am about to mail some out not sure what else to do.

10. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Try adverting on craigslist, angieslist and groupon.com. With craigslist, you will need to make lots of ads and 'renew' each one daily.