1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just starting out pictures!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by talktosch, Aug 30, 2012.

1. talktosch

talktosch LawnSite Member

Hi,

I'm new to the industry and have a goal of starting a full time business in 2014. I have started looking into the necessary equipment and wanted to share my progress.

I started learning a lot this summer, however, feel the need to take 1 year of time and learn the industry in and out. I need that year of practice for handling equipment.

Now to the pics:

[​IMG]

I do unique branding for companies and this is my design for my own so far. Would love to hear what you think..

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I love it. But I dont like the truck one its really hard to make it out but its a really good design!

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I think you will have a unique advantage with your background in branding as I'm sure your marketing materials will be top notch and eye catching.

Are you maintaining any lawns currently? If not I would highly suggest getting a few customers under your belt so you know what to expect once you get into the business full-time in 2014.

What plans to you have to obtain a customers and actually be "full-time" in this industry in 2014? That is a very ambitious goal if you have no customers now, but would definitely be very attainable if you are already working in the industry part-time.

I love your designs though!!

4. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

logo's and everything look great. I think the truck lettering would be easy to make out and look great in person.

5. talktosch

talktosch LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Web site is going up...

6. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Is that picture photoshopped too?

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

That lawn looks off to me.:confused:

8. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Another question...

Why a portfolio when you have no work/accounts yet?

9. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice stripes!!

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

You need to cap your first letters in your name.